Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Give Thanks


This is the time of the year that we focus on giving thanks. There are several reasons and things that one has to be thankful.  For most of us that list includes God, family, friends, food, possessions, etc.  I realized as I was preparing to speak on the subject of thanksgiving that I always seem to start with people.  This relational thanks seems to be rooted in what I see when I read Paul’s letters. He tells the people that when he prays for them, he gives thanks for them for their faith in Christ, their love for others, and their sharing the gospel (Eph 1:15, Col 1:3-5).  I cannot help but notice the more I pray for people, the more I feel thankful for the fact that they are saved and loving others. I see that we are connected. I also find that as I continue to pray for my friends, those who I am close with, the bonds seems to grow stronger. We share in joy, in sorrow, in good and bad. It is all about the relationship rooted strongly in our faith in Christ. I also find that I am thankful for those who do not know Christ because that allows purpose in my life. That purpose to be a light and to share the gospel.  
I ask you to join me in giving thanks for the relationships in our lives. I ask that you pray for those in your life in your church. Pray for those around you who don’t know Christ that you may be a light in their world.  Most of all, give thanks to the God who gave all for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment