Tuesday, March 8, 2011

About me





My name is Shaun Winters.  I am a  Full Time Husband and Father.  Studying to be a Pastor.  Hoping to graduate in a couple of months.








Well, I have finally decided to join the masses.  I AM NOT ALWAYS THE MOST CONSISTENT WRITER, BUT I HOPE THAT KEEPING A BLOG WILL KEEP ME IN SHAPE.  
I am a full-time student at Grace Bible College seeking a degree in pastoral Ministry.  I hope to graduate soon and become a pastor.  Therefor, i will be using this blog as a way of doing devotional thoughts, responses to Scripture, and any other ideas i might have.  It is after all my blog about my thoughts.
Kids... can anyone explain to me, why we choose to love and have people in our lives that can irritate us as much as our children can?  Why is is that i can never seem to keep them focused getting ready for school, but as soon as they have a day off from school they won’t stop complaining that they miss school?  JUST MAKE UP YOUR MIND ALREADy.  My life is confusing enough without trying to understand the elementary mindset.  I could understand if they were teens, well no i couldn’t after all what teen misses school?  Perhaps i am just being slightly cynical since i am the one who has to be up at an ungodly hour (being on my vacation) to get them off and ready for school.  That’s it,  Elementary and High schools need to start following the college semester.  That way we all get a break together. after all, what fun is a break if you can’t sleep until noon.  
BUT i love my kids, sure i get annoyed in the morning, or when they whine. Sometimes they can be a big pain, but you know what, so can i.  After all, yesterday was one of my kids birthday.  I had her convinced that i cancelled it. Even sent them to bed early acting all mad at them.  My wife and i then set out the present and cake. THen I called as though she was in trouble, sending her into the kitchen to clean a mess. She saw the cake, and presents and moved to tears. PRICELess!!! I love when i can do the tricks like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment