Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Less is More


One of my greatest passions is food. I love to cook it, eat it, create with it. When it comes to seasoning meat, I have a simple philosophy, less is best. I love to let the meat speak for itself. To much season clutters the taste. 

I feel the same when I go to the bookstore and look at all the books dedicated to how to live the Christian lifestyle. Just scanning over the titles one can find books ranging from growing deeper in faith to differing styles of faith. The opinions of what Christian living and worship are to numerous to count. I cannot help but wonder that with so many opinions and beliefs that just like seasoning our thoughts are just becoming cluttered we forget our purpose.

David’s psalms are full of beauty, yet they often contain such simple messages. The truth contained in them so easy for all to hear. David utters what we must all remember, “O God, you are my God: earnestly I seek you...” (Psalm 63:1). That is really what Christian living is about. Knowing that God is our God and seeking him with our lives.

I ask that you join me in renewing our faith by committing to focus on God and let our worship of him be for him, not for a feeling or sense of obligation. Let us focus on the Creator who is worthy of our praise, our redeemer and our first love. Let us live a life that shows we are seeking God and not the approval of others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment